Annually Chambers Global conducts an international research of the law companies in various regions of the world, including Belarus.
And each year the number of its participants grows: Chambers rating is trusted by both clients and lawyers themselves.
In the latest publication of Chambers Global 2019, Stepanovski, Papakul and partners Attorneys at Law were noted in both corporate / commercial law and dispute resolution.
Here are what the Clients and colleagues say about us.
Corporate/Commercial, Band 1
Alexander Stepanovski (Eminent Practitioner), Valery Papakul (Band 1), Tatiana Ignatovskaya (Band 2) and Elena Sapego (Band 3).
1. «The lawyers tailor their advice to the client»;
2. The team has an «understanding of our needs»;
3. Alexander Stepanovski: a highly regarded figure in the market. He oversees the practice, lending his expertise and strategic insight to international investors involved in Belarus-bound mandates;
4. Valery Papakul: Valery Papakul’s long standing in the market means he can lend considerable expertise on a variety of issues, including antitrust, governance and M&A matters, to a client base of international corporates;
5. Tatiana Ignatovskaya: «she has unique skills for the local market. She fully understands our problems, ideas and targets»;
6. Elena Sapego: she is able to «quickly understand the client’s problem and offer a non-standard solution».
Dispute Resolutions, Band 2
Andrei Vashkevich (Band 1), Aliaksandr Labaty (Associates to watch)
1. «I am personally impressed by their performance in front of the court»;
2. «Excellent ability to build a legal position for judicial protection»;
3. Andrei Vashkevich: «excellent tactician and strategist with rich experience of judicial representation», who is «able to foresee the development of the situation»;
4. Aliaksandr Labaty: assists with the team’s key instructions. He recently acted on commercial disputes, including real estate and shareholder disputes.