Since 2001, he is one of the lawyers recommended for cooperation in Belarus by the international directory Chambers Global. He is also mentioned in such directories, as Chambers Europe, Who’s Who Legal, Legal 500.
Chambers about Andrei Vashkevich: “… Andrei Vashkevich’s impeccable work in court makes him one of the most respected litigation representatives…” Andrei Vashkevich is “an experienced corporate law practitioner who can competently solve the most complex issues”.
IN PRACTICE SINCE 1990.
- Litigations concerning a construction contract with a foreign contractor to recover unjustified enrichment and liquidated damages for about USD 5 mln;
- A litigation on termination of joint real estate construction for over USD 2 mln;
- A litigation with local authorities on land seizure and restitution of the seizure-related losses for over USD 300,000;
- A litigation on contestation of a general meeting decision on repurchase of shares for over USD 400,000 by a joint-stock company;
- A litigation on appellation of a tax agency’s resolution on land fee collection for over USD 250,000;
- Litigations between shareholders concerning control over a company with a net asset value in excess USD 3 mln;
- A litigation on contestation of a real estate purchase and sale agreement, within the process of bankruptcy, for over USD 200,000.
Construction and real estate:
- Advising and following up on conclusion of an investment agreement with the Republic of Belarus, adoption of an individual act of the President of the Republic of Belarus for an investment project implementation, advising on a design contract (FIDIC White Book) for about USD 100 mln;
- Reviewing a draft general contractor agreement (FIDIC Yellow Book), harmonizing with the laws of Belarus, advising on construction project procurement procedures for about USD 500 mln;
- Advising and following up on investor transactions for design and construction business centers in Minsk for over USD 60 mln;
- Advising on design and construction of a residential settlement in Minsk Oblast for over USD 20 mln.
- Advising on a merger of insurance companies in Belarus with assets exceeding USD 10 mln;
- Advising and following-up on transactions on takeover of a Belarusian bank for about USD 30 mln;
- Advising on a transaction on provision of a credit by a foreign bank for a project on financing a large Belarusian industrial enterprise for over USD 50 mln with a pledge of property and securities;
- Advising on insolvency matters and pre-trial turnaround of an entity with assets exceeding USD 7 mln;
- Representing creditors in a bankruptcy process with assets exceeding USD 40 mln.
- Belarusian State University, Faculty of Law.
Membership in professional organizations:
- Minsk City Bar Association.