He is one of the lawyers recommended for cooperation in Belarus by such international legal rating agencies as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, LexisNexis, IFLR1000.
Chambers about Alexander Stepanovski: «… a great organizer with excellent leadership skills…»
In practice since 1992.
- Acting as a crisis manager; providing bankruptcy support for more than 30 Belarusian companies, 1999-2003;
- Advising creditors on the matters of bankruptcy of more than 20 companies;
- Participating in resolution of corporate conflicts between shareholders of a number of Belarusian companies;
- Participating in development of more than 15 partnership agreements between shareholders/members of Belarusian companies;
- Participating in negotiations and drafting of prenuptial agreements in the process of marriage dissolution by spouses/owners of miscellaneous businesses;
- Providing expert assessment on a dispute adjudicated by a UK court;
- Successful representation of a Client on a consumer dispute.
- Managing the project of merging Stepanovski, Papakul and Partners and Vashkevich, Sapego and Khrapoutski legal firms;
- Participating in preparation and publication of the Russian version of “Why Lawyers Should Eat Bananas” by Simon Tupman.
- Faculty of Law, Belarusian State University;
- Advanced Training on Banking and Stock Exchange (1993), Securities Market (1995);
- Courses of the UK Open University on Management (2000) and Finances (2002);
- Training Course on Islamic Law, Summer Law School, University of Iowa (Arcachon, France), June 2010.
Membership in Professional Organizations:
- Minsk City Bar Association;
- International Bar Association (IBA).